Rice kheer and Nuts kheer are often made and eat at home. Today we are going to make kheer from garlic. Garlic Kheer is Rajasthan’s famous sweet dish made from Mughal and Rajawada times. this Rajasthani traditional and nutritious kheer has many medicinal values. It is very beneficial for people suffering from joints pain and arthritis.
Don’t worry about pungency of the garlic it’s reduced by boiling it in hot water added with vinegar. The crushed garlic is then strained and blended with milk, sugar, cardamom powder and saffron.
So let’s start cooking Garlic Kheer ( Garlic Pudding)
- 1/4 cup Garlic Sliced
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 750 ml Milk
- 3 tsp White Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Rose Water
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 pinch Saffron
- To make Garlic Kheer, first put one cup of water, garlic and one teaspoon vinegar in the pan and boil it on the medium heat.
- Boil the milk on low flame in the second pan
- After 4 minutes, strain the garlic, and then put one cup of water and one teaspoon of vinegar and boil it again
- Stir the milk and after 4 minutes strain the garlic again and add one cup of water and one teaspoon of vinegar, boil them, this will reduce the aroma and pungent flavor of garlic.
- Now add sugar and strained garlic to the milk and cook for 10 to 15 minutes on medium heat until it becomes thick. Don’t forget to stir it continuously.
- As the Kheer become thick add Cardamom powder, Saffron and rose water and serve it garnished with Rose petals.
Image Credit :- Archanaskitchen
Recipe Credit :- Adopted from Archanaskitchen