Learn how to make Greek yogurt in Instant Pot. it’s a simple recipe but it’s quite time-consuming. additionally as any cheese making recipe, it needs patience and preciseness. we tend to call it “the cooking discipline”. If the instructions say “milk’s temperature should be 180F” then it should be specifically 180F, no more, no less . there’s a reward at the end of this challenge: healthy yogurt, one of the most popular Instant Pot recipes.
As usual, there’s a magic part that makes thick and delicious Greek yogurt. we tend to used Plain Greek yogurt. make sure that the plain yogurt you get contains milk and live and active cultures. you need to shop for it just once as you can freeze a couple of tablespoons of freshly made yogurt and use them afterward to make new yogurt. Live and active bacteria don’t last long after a can or pack is open. Anyway, you can keep it frozen as long as you need it. there’s another option: get Probiotic yogurt Culture to make this Greek yogurt.
The best recipes for busy families is the motto of our web site. make healthy and simple Instant Pot recipes with confidence and pleasure.
Greek Yogurt | Instant Pot Recipes
- 2 ltr Milk
- 2 tbsp Plain Yogurt, Probiotic with Live and Active Cultures
- Add the milk, secure the lid and press “Yogurt” program twice to select “Boil”.When the time is up, open the lid, measure temperature. If it doesn’t reach 180 F, cancel “Boil” program.Select (Sauté) program to heat the milk to 180 F quickly. Let the milk cool down to 115F. Add Probiotic Yogurt Culture. Make sure it is a Plain Yogurt with active bacteria. Mix it with the milk. Secure the lid, press “Yogurt” program and select “Normal Pressure” mode (default), then adjust the time to 24 hours. See tips below. When time is up, the word “Yogt” will appear on the display. Open the Instant Pot. Look at this beauty. It is creamy, tangy and very thick. The longer your time settings, the Tangier, thicker and healthier your yogurt becomes. Now it’s time to strain the Yogurt. Put the strainer into a large bowl. Cover it with a cheesecloth. Transfer yogurt into the strainer. Wrap the cheesecloth. Keep in the freezer for a couple of hours before serving.
Equipments used in this recipe:
- Instant Pot DUO80 8 Qt 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
Make your selectionbased on the budget, the number of family members, kitchen size and other relevant considerations.
Here is a quick tip to consider when selecting the size of Instant Pot:
3Qt size – good for 2 people
6Qt size – good for 3-4 people
8Qt size – good for 5-6 people
- Tel-Tru 12″ Stainless Steel Cheesemaking Thermometer 0/220 degrees F
- Best Quality Cheesecloth 43 Sq Ft *Chef Premium FOOD GRADE 60* Fine Mesh Unbleached 100% Cotton – Can Use as Nut Milk Bag, Strainer, Baby Wrap Roll
- Euro Cuisine Greek Yogurt Maker – Gy50