Saltfish, a salted and dried fish, is a common local Anguillian dish that may be less-commonly found “at home.” For those who like fish and flavor, and who are adventurous enough to try it, they are likely to become a lifelong fan of saltfish.
This dish can be found around Anguilla, served in a variety of ways.
Here is how you can prepare your very own saltfish when you’re on-island or at home…
The Saltfish Recipe
- 1 Avocado Sliced
- 1/4 cup Salad Oil
- Lettuce as Required
- Tomatoes cut into wedges
- Hard boiled eggs Cut in Four
- 2 Medium Onions Finely Chopped
- 1/2 lb Saltfish Salted Cod
- 2 Sweet Peppers Green & Red
- 1 Hot Pepper
- First, wash the saltfish and soak overnight.
- Pour off the excess water and cut the fish into strips.
- Allow the fish to rest for as long as you can, then wash and squeeze in the water. Note: In order to move the salt repeat the washing as necessary. Squeeze to dry.
- Use 2 forks to shred the fish. For about 2 hours prepare before use.
- Now add the chopped onions, the hot pepper, the sweet peppers, the salad oil along with the lemon juice.
- Now toss the oil blending until absorbed.Note: Do not place into the refrigerator.
- Next pile into the centre of the dish then use the tomato wedges to alternate with the quartered or sliced hard boiled eggs. Next add the avocado slices and the lettuce for garnish.
Recipe Credit : narod.ru
Image Credit : Kristin Bourne
Hi Dear , If you have your version of Saltfish recipe. Please submit it here